Get A Quote News Contact Us Home Page About Us Carriers Services

Contact Us
Blog RSS Feed Like Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Connect With Us

A question came to us recently regarding a rental property:

Is Building Insurance the same as Fire & Legal Insurance?

The quick answer: No. Building insurance is not the same as Fire/Tenant Legal Liability.

“Fire (aka Tenant) legal liability” is a way to describe the risk that all persons, businesses, institutions, etc., are exposed to by way of responsibility for damage to property of others in their care, custody, or control. It requires special attention because forms providing property damage liability insurance—for example, the commercial general liability (CGL) form—usually do not apply to the exposure of property damage to personal property in the care, custody, or control of the insured.

If you have even one rental property, it’s best to talk to your insurance agent about the correct coverages to protect your interests, both physical and fiduciary. On the flip-side, if you are the tenant of a property, make sure to discuss your rental situation with your agent to make sure all angles of liability are covered as well.

Schedule a complimentary review of your insurance program today with a Davis Dyer Max Advisor if you have any questions about your rental properties and liabilities. 

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive

View Mobile Version
Home Page About Us Carriers Contact Us