Workplace conflicts can also lead to absenteeism and lower productivity in the workplace. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that the annual cost of lost productivity due to workplace conflict is approximately $727.8 million. A contributing factor to loss of productivity in the workplace is caused by employees arriving late or missing work entirely.
Help reduce conflicts in your workplace by:
- Educating employees on what workplace conflict is
- Creating and distribute informational resources on workplace conflict
- Working with your leadership team to establish open communication in the workplace
- Developing a workplace conflict policy including security measures
- Advocating workplace conflict awareness.
Does your Human Resources program address Workplace Conflict? Ask a DDM Advisor for a review today.